I’ve seen a lot of remedies for the finicky eater through my years as both a former veterinarian and pet sitter, including chicken or beef broth, canned food mixed with dry, tuna water, boiled chicken, warm water, and even parmesan cheese.
Recently at a new client’s home, she introduced me to Primal Freeze Dried Nuggets which she adds to her dog’s diet for an extra treat and appetite booster. Feeding raw diets to my pet-sitting pets is not something I have ever done in the past, so I was impressed with how much her dog loved the sprinkled nugget over the dry kibble.
The 14 oz resealable bags of nuggets come in several flavors:
- Beef, Pork, Chicken, Duck, Lamb, Venison, and Turkey/Sardine for dogs
- Chicken/Salmon, Turkey, Pork, Beef/Salmon, and Venison for cats
As with any raw diet, special handling instructions are important, namely washing your hands well and using a stainless steel bowl. The instructions say to mix with water, but my client feeds her dog the dry nugget sprinkled over the food without adding water.
I can attest that her dog is happy and healthy (and her cat lurking in the kitchen wanted some, too). Nuggets are available for purchase online at Amazon, Chewy, or locally at Hollywood Feed and Woof Gang Bakery. They run $15 – $30 per bag depending on the size. As always, if your pet has a medical condition, check with your vet before introducing a new diet item.
Other advantages per the manufacturer’s website:
- freshest, human-grade ingredients
- antibiotic and steroid free without added hormones
- certified organic produce
- certified organic minerals and unrefined vitamins
- procured from ranches and farms throughout the United States and New Zealand that take pride in producing wholesome raw foods through natural, sustainable agriculture
Do you have a favorite home or pet product? Share it with me and I may write about it in my next post.